Saturday, October 31, 2020

October 2020 Recap

                         Halloween Half-term Hunt at RSPB Scotland Loch Lomond, Gartocharn | What's  On Glasgow

Well October came and I continued my walking getting to 10,000 steps quite a few times a week.  I started working a new job full time and I would walk around the block at lunch every weekday that the weather permitted.  In the evening and weekends I started walking and Dave came along with me.  I've added new habits and tried to add healthier food to mine and my families diets.  I'm starting to rediscover things I love like music, reading and writing.  The last couple of months I've done virtual crops with Dianne and we were pretty productive.  I've started cleaning out and donating things around the house we no longer need.  I think all of the physical activity has really helped motivate me in other areas of my life.  I have way more energy than I have in years.  

It's amazing to me one year ago I was sick at this time I could barely move and getting 1000 steps a day was a major accomplishment.  I only did what I could do in a day which sometimes was just going to work and coming home.  Now I'm walking all over as often as possible and am excited to  try walking in different and new places.

On the 16th I decided to join NOOM and get help with my diet for real.  By the end of the month was down to 186.  Not great but not too bad.  I definitely eat healthier getting in way more fruits and veggies.  I would rather lose it slowly and keep it off forever.  I don't remember the last time I was under 190 so this is all good. 

I also had to let go with the kids a bit.  Emily went to Texas with her new boyfriend and Abbi has decided to do school from home but she still goes a few times a week for Theater stuff.  The pandemic being what it is and so long I will have to let them go places.  

I will be back in November for another monthly recap.

December 2020 Week 1